· Expression and representation of students feeling, opinions, and interests.
· Students share in the management of the school.
· For development of potential leaders.
· Experiences in the democratic process.
· For building positive relationships among students.
· A means for coordinating student activities successfully.
· A variety of activities which provide participation. opportunities for as many students as possible.
· Pride in the appearance of the school.
· School loyalty and spirit.
· Harmonious relationships between faculty and students.
· School and community service projects.
· Within students an understanding of their role in school government.
· Within each individual student a sense of responsibility for personal conduct.
· High ideas of personal conduct and responsibility for appropriate behavior.
· Understanding, respect, and appreciation for cultural difference and similarities.
· Acceptance and respect for individual uniqueness.
· Desirable sportsmanship attitudes.